1. Instructor Lead: Trainees attend class which includes lecture/video, instructor demonstrating skills and trainees completing return demonstrations of skills (if certifying for children, there is a written test as well).
2. Blended Learning: Trainees complete the classroom portion of training and written testing online and schedule 1:1 skills demo/return demo with instructor. This option allows people who cannot attend our classes at dates/times listed or who need immediate certification to complete their certification training at their own pace. (There are no cash discounts for this option).
3. Test Out Option: This option cuts the class time back by 1.5-3 hours, depending on certification being pursued. Trainees must:
- Have proof of CURRENT, NON-EXPIRED CPR/AED and/or First Aid certification (whichever certification for which you are opting to “test out”).
- After being given up to 30 minutes to review the training manual, if desired, trainees MUST pass the written test for their desired certification (without remediation) on their first attempt with a 70% or higher within the 30 minute maximum test time. There are NO REFUNDS if the test is not passed.
- Trainees who meet the first 2 criteria will immediately be able to move on to instructor-lead skills demonstration with trainees completing satisfactory return demonstrations.
- Trainees who do NOT meet the first 2 criteria will be required to complete a full Instructor Lead or Blended Learning class to obtain certification. Trainees who do not pass the test and who must take the full class will be given a 50% credit for the cost of the class to apply towards the full class.
4. Skills Challenge*: This 1:1 option allows ONLY holders of CURRENT, NON-EXPIRED ASHI CPR/AED and/or First Aid certification to sit for and pass the written exam(s) with a 70% or higher (30 minute maximum to complete each test) AND successfully complete (with a score of Outstanding or Adequate) the performance evaluations for several given scenarios (after independent review of training materials). There is no instructor training or skills demonstration for this option. *Skills challenge option is not available when ECC changes skills/steps in a skill; the trainee would have to be taught the skill/steps in the skill through instructor lead or blended learning training. The benefits of certification through options 3 or 4 is the reduction in time needed to complete requirements for certification. The skills challenge option is $10 less than the designated price for the training.
CPR/AED and First Aid Class Schedules: INSTRUCTOR LEAD classes for all classes EXCEPT CPR Pro.
TEST OUT OPTION DATES– all sessions start at 5pm The last Thursday of each month If these dates do not fit your schedule, we also offer the blended learning option, which is gaining popularity for taking the classroom portion of training at your convenience and then coming in just to do skills, which typically takes only an hour to an hour and a half. Read more about blended learning below.
CPR Pro– Classroom portion is sent via email (see information on blended learning below). CPR Pro skills sessions are scheduled 1:1 or as needed.