Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register and pay for my class?
Register and pay for your classes online – 24/7 through PayPal.
Register in person with debit card, credit card, money order or cash.
All payments are NON-REFUNDABLE and NON-TRANSFERABLE.
OFFICE HOURS: Monday through Friday 10am-3pm; all other hours are by appointment
Location: 5150 Monroe Street, Suite 101, Toledo, OH 43615
Feel confident that you’ll find a great job after you pass the State Tested Nursing Assistant exam. For all qualified graduates, though we cannot guarantee employment, we’ll assist you to find employment through employers seeking our graduates. With our training, you’ll enter the field knowledgeable and prepared for the workforce.
What is the difference between a STNA and a CNA?
Once you complete a state certified nurse aide training program in the state of Ohio, you are considered a Nurse Aide. A STNA means that the nurse aide has taken and successfully passed the state examination and is now designated in the State of Ohio as a State Tested Nursing Assistant. Some states, like Michigan, call their state tested Nurse Aides CNA’s (Certified Nurse Aides). The State of Ohio does not license or certify nurse aides and does not recognize “CNA” as a designation for a nurse aide.
When shopping other STNA programs, you may want to ask:
- What is the absolute final cost of my program by the time I am handed my certificate- including everything you require for me to pay for by the time I graduate from your program?
- Do I have to rent/buy a book?
- Do I have to wear your uniforms for classes?
- Do I have to pay for my own TB test?
- Do you require a physical and if so, is it at my expense?
Everything you need to complete the class is included in the total program cost of $395 at Touching Hearts, Changing Lives.
- Are you a state test site? (Touching Hearts, Changing Lives IS a state test site).
- How many people will there be, MAXIMUM, in my class? (At Touching Hearts, Changing Lives, we limit our class size to 16-18 people maximum for optimal student learning experience, time on the equipment and time to ask questions of the instructor).
- Once I graduate, am I able to come back and work with a nurse, free of charge, to practice my skills until I state test? (at Touching Hearts, Changing Lives, we make a RN available at least twice a month to work with our graduates to practice their skills until they state test. There is NEVER any charge for this service for Touching Hearts, Changing Lives graduates).
- Once I graduate, am I able to come back and practice on my own in the state test room while waiting to state test? (you can at Touching Hearts, Changing Lives!)
Once I graduate, am I able to come back and do free written practice tests? (we strongly encourage this at Touching Hearts, Changing Lives!)
- Are there employers wanting to hire people specifically from your program? (at Touching Hearts, Changing Lives, because we have an awesome reputation in the community we have MANY employers who have had awesome experiences with Touching Hearts, Changing Lives graduates and therefore they will come and recruit from the classes. They also post advertisements just for Touching Hearts, Changing Lives graduates).
- Do you offer a payment plan? (at Touching Hearts, Changing Lives, we have a cash-only payment plan. $95 cash down reserves your seat in the class of your choice as long as their are still seats available. Students then make equal, weekly cash payments [or discuss other options with us at the time they sign up in person]).
- What if I miss any time from the class- am I charged any fees? (at Touching Hearts, Changing Lives, trainees who miss time talk directly with their instructors to schedule the make up time. Only if the trainee does not comply with the original agreed upon schedule does the nurse have the right to charge the trainee directly for any time the nurse has to re-reschedule for the trainee.)
Does Touching Hearts, Changing Lives include CPR/First Aid training with your STNA classes?
While CPR/AED and First Aid are not a part of the STNA training program, Touching Hearts, Changing Lives through CPR and Safety Solutions LLC does offer a variety of ASHI (American Safety and Health Institute) CPR/AED and First Aid classes. Anyone currently signed up for, taking or graduated from a Touching Hearts, Changing Lives STNA program will receive a student discount off our already low training costs (see the current offerings, dates and prices on the CPR/First Aid tab). Our highly recommended classes are scheduled frequently and now, a portion of the class may be completed online.
Are there any pre-requisites to take the STNA class?
There are no educational pre-requisites. However we strongly encourage people without a high school diploma or GED to pursue their education as many employers may require it.
What do I need for the first day of STNA class?
- If you registered online or did not bring your ID with you in person when you registered, we will need to make a copy of your ID on the first day of class.
- You will try on uniforms and we will order the sizes of your choice for you to be delivered to the classroom the day before you go to clinicals.
- You may want to bring a lunch, snack and/or beverage for classes 5 hours or longer. Vending and honor system vending is also available at the classroom. A small refrigerator and microwave are available for student use.
- Park to the left side of our doors against the building or anywhere across the lot in front of the fenced/grass area. All parking is free.
- Wear comfortable clothing and close-toed shoes to class. No short shorts, mid-rifts, sandals, flip-flops, clothing with offensive statements on them, etc. Students are required to follow our Dress Code Policy at all times in the classroom and at the clinical setting.
- A small notebook and a highlighter are recommend, but are not required.
- We recommend you arrive at least 15 minutes early on the first day of class.
Once I successfully pass the Touching Hearts, Changing Lives STNA class, when do I get my certificate?
Your certificate will be ready for pick up by 3pm the Wednesday after you graduate. However, at times, they are ready earlier. Please do not call to ask whether your certificate is ready. If you graduated on time with your class, once your certificate is ready you may pick up your certificate anytime during normal business hours, 10am-3pm. You do not have to call in advance. With your certificate, you will receive a copy of your certificate, a copy of your TB test results, a copy of your skills checklist and a list of helpful websites. If we have to replace any copies that we have already supplied to you, they will be at the cost of $5 cash per copy requested. If you want to sign up for your state test at the time you pick up your certificate, bring your cash and your completed state test forms with you when you pick up your certificate.
Does Touching Hearts, Changing Lives guarantee or help with job placement?
We do NOT guarantee job placement. We have no idea what your past employers would say about you as to whether you would be a good candidate for particular employment. While Touching Hearts, Changing Lives does not “place” you in a job, we have employers who have asked that Touching Hearts, Changing Lives graduates apply with them. You are provided with this information the day you receive your certificate. We also have Employment Resources you can review here.
What if I miss a class?
*The State of Ohio REQUIRES that students make up all time, hour for hour and content for content missed, within 60 days from the first date of any missed time or the student must start a program all over again if they wish to sit for the STNA examination.