- Optional additional training: Adult CPR/AED and First Aid training (with 2 year certification)
- Appropriate clothing for class (appropriately fitting tops, no short shorts) and closed-toed shoes is required.
- Must be 18 years of age to take this class. For employment in the field, a high school diploma or GED MAY be required.
- The $395 payment is required in full, in cash ONLY to register for the class. There are NO REFUNDS and NO TRANSFERS permitted for any reason.
- Graduates receive a certificate from Toledo STNA indicating they have completed the 75 hour training class.
Home Health Aide Classes
Home Health Aide Classes Newly Certified by the Ohio Department of Aging
Touching Hearts, Changing Lives now offers HHA (Home Health Aide) Classes!
Note: These classes do not currently meet the requirements for home care and home health companies; they do however meet the requirements for people wanting to provide services as independent providers for people receiving specific services through the Ohio Department of Aging (Area Office on Aging).
Our HHA classes offer quite a value for the cost.
Class instruction lead by a Licensed Social Worker and a Registered Nurse
Seventy-five (75) hours of training in homemaker and personal care services
Specific training includes: defining home care services; foundation of client care; understanding your clients; client care; special clients, special needs; home management and nutrition; caring for yourself;
Students are taught at least 41 skills