We are a state test site for the Ohio STNA Program, GXMO, MA-C, and Lead testing.
For Results of the State Test
To check your online results, click here www.hdmaster.com and go to Ohio STNA. Choose Online Test Results at the bottom left corner and put in your social security number, the test date (00/00/0000) and your date of birth (00/00/0000) to view your results.
The upcoming test dates are as follows and you MUST register no later than the Wednesday before test date, provided there are still openings for that date.
2020 Test Dates:
Once you pass your Ohio state test, you should be able to locate your license information at the website below:
Please note the expiration of your STNA designation so that you ensure you complete all the requirements PRIOR to expiration. You also want to make sure your employer reports your hours worked under a licensed nurse or physician to the state on your behalf. Remember: you need to work one 8-hour shift in the 24 month period AND complete 24 hours of continuing education (12 units per year) if you work in a skilled long term care facility or meet the annual training, per policy, of any other organization for which you work (typically 8+ hours per year for a total of 16+ hours) AND YOU must ensure your employer reports your information to the state in order to maintain your state license for the state of Ohio. Please talk to your nurse instructor about any questions you may have about maintaining it once you obtain your Ohio STNA designation.
Need a refresher class before taking the state test? Touching Hearts, Changing Lives graduates may attend our refresher class, free-of-charge, and as frequently as they want while preparing for the state test.
Anyone with a current certificate (not expired- 24 months from the date on the certificate) from any nurse aid training program may sign up for our “mock run test preparation” classes. Get that extra review time in this up to 4-hour offering (up to 2 days/up to 2 hours each day) during which you will review the current skills required for state testing. The $75 fee also includes 4 hours of written test practice time. This fee applies ONLY to people who have not graduated from Touching Hearts, Changing Lives.
Refresher classes are offered on the first and third Thursday of the month from 3:30p-5:30p. (If the evaluator is not available exactly at 3:30p, please wait at least until 4pm as she may be coming from a clinical site.) Touching Hearts, Changing Lives graduates do not need to preregister; just show up and sign-in.
2020 Schedule of Skills Review (3:30p-5:30p, Suite 101)
Every 1st and 3rd Thursday of the month.
Written Practice Tests (9a-11a, Suite 209)
Every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday (except on holidays/vacation/bad weather days)
Our classroom is an approved State Testing site! Take your state test in our Monroe Street location so you are comfortable and familiar with the equipment and surroundings.
Yes. The minimum State Test fee is $104. Other fees may apply depending on how, when and where the test is scheduled.
You have 24 months to take and pass your state test in order to be considered an STNA (State Tested Nursing Assistant). Touching Hearts, Changing Lives is an official state test site.
Once you have successfully completed your classes and have your certificate in hand, if needed, we would be happy to assist you in signing up for your state test examination. You have 24 months from the date on your certificate to successfully pass your state test.
You may choose to test at our site, or you may choose any other location in the state that offers state testing.
Touching Hearts, Changing Lives graduates who choose to test at our site and need our assistance to complete testing registration must bring in their completed State test documents (including ADA forms and IEP if requesting accommodations) with a credit card or cash-only payment. Flights are typically scheduled for 8 AM and 12 PM. There are 8 slots available for each flight with up to 10 people being permitted to take or retake the written test in each flight. Test candidates are not allowed to choose their test time; the test time is computer assigned in the order in which test candidates completed state test applications were received.
To sign up online, simply go to hdmaster.com and choose an available test location and date. Graduates of our progam who choose to test at our location may select ONLY from test dates on OUR website.
This is what we will need for us to sign our graduates up for the state test:
- Your completed state test forms - State Testing- State Test forms pages 1 and 2. Complete everything that you know before coming to the office- we will fill in the blanks. You must have your exact graduation date listed next to your certificate number (the 7 digit number on your certificate). Also, write your start date of the class and your instructor’s name in the margin above your name on page 1.
- Be sure to only pick from test dates listed on this page under the test dates tab. You cannot test on certain test dates that are advertised on the D & S website as our nurse is doing some of those tests, and we are not allowed to test our own trainees.
- Your form of payment ($104 cash/debit or credit if not requesting oral test OR $114 if requesting oral test and you do not have an IEP).
- When you sign up through us or on your own, you can usually get into an available test date up to 3 business days prior to the test date at no additional charge (no late fee). If you sign up ANY other way, you should expect to be charged up to an additional $20 last-minute sign-up fee when signing up within 5 business days of an available test date. D & S will probably not sign you up at our location for a test date less than 5 business days away.
- If you had an IEP (or letter from a physician stating that you need additional accommodations), you would also need to complete the ADA forms. Those are located next to the test forms on our website. You must bring in the completed state test forms and the completed ADA forms in order to sign up for state testing. When you request ADA accommodations, it can take up to 2 weeks for approval as accommodations have to be verified and approved by the state test administrator’s office. Please request a test date far enough away that your documents have time to go through the approval process.
If you are with Harbor and requesting our assistance to sign you up for your state test: you also need to write “Harbor” in the margin above your name. If you are testing for a 2nd or 3rd time, Harbor must contact us first to approve the exam re-take.
If you are with HPOG: We will assist you with your test registration. You must write your HPOG number in the margin above your name on the state test form. We submit test requests approvals to HPOG one time per week. You will be scheduled once we receive the approval from Patrece.
To sign yourself up online: you must use your pin (we now give that to our graduates) or call D&S at (877) 851-2355 and ask for your PIN.
If your employer has an account with D & S: Your employer will need to sign you up directly with D & S. You MAY still test at our location with our graduates, however you will have to provide D & S with a choice of our test dates that we listed for you under the test date tab on this page and let them know that we approve of you taking that test date as long as it is still available at the time you sign up. Your paperwork would need to be faxed in, and they will require a copy of your certificate be submitted with your test forms. You will also need to give a full 2 weeks request, or you will be charged a “late” fee for signing up less than 10 business days prior to the test date.